Need Money For College? Apply Today!
Horizons FCU is offering college-bound high school seniors the opportunity to compete for statewide college scholarships through the New York Credit Union Association’s Scholarship Program. Scholarships will be awarded ranging from $500 to $1,500 and may be used at a two- or four-year accredited educational institution. Applicants will also be considered for a local scholarship if they are a Horizons FCU member.
Students can take advantage of this opportunity by completing three simple steps:
- Stop in at any Horizons FCU branch to request a scholarship application form, or click here to download an electronic application that you can fill out and print. If the student is not a member of Horizons FCU, he/she can request a membership packet as well. (All scholarship applicants are required to be members of a participating New York credit union.)
- Complete the application form and required essay and obtain the required transcripts, along with the signature of a parent or guardian.
- Return the completed application and supportive materials to Horizons FCU no later than January 4, 2019.
There is no fee for submitting an application, but applicants MUST be:
- members of Horizons FCU;
- college-bound high school seniors at the time of application; and
- attending either a two- or four-year accredited educational institution for the first time in the fall of 2019.
In early spring, applications will be judged against other submissions statewide. Winners will be announced in May.
For more information about this scholarship program, contact Amanda Wahl by calling 607-724-5876 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.