Updating to our new, more secure Visa cards
If you haven’t already, you can now activate your new Visa credit card by calling the toll free number provided with the card.
All Visa cards starting in 4109 have been replaced with a new Visa EMV Platinum card beginning with 4465.
Horizons has switched to this global standard for cards equipped with computer chips in the wake of numerous large-scale data breaches and increasing rates of counterfeit card fraud. Credit card issuers are migrating to this new technology to protect consumers and reduce the cost of fraud.
Current Visa balances will not be updated until the conversion is complete. We expect completion on or around Wednesday, May 25th.
Other important facts about your new credit card:
- Your new card has a new expiration date and a new number.
- You will need to provide your new card number to any automatic billers you have set up. This includes automatic debits or payments such as subscriptions, monthly bills, or recurring charges.
- Your new card will also have a new payment address, which will be included in the mailing with your new credit card.
- If you use a bill pay service to pay your credit card, you will need to update that information as well once you have activated the new card.
- The link to view your credit card account will change once the new card is activated. Instead of EZCardInfo, the new website is GoToMyCard.com, where you will be asked to register the card and create a new account upon first login.
Questions about the new Visa credit cards? Contact us at (607) 724-5876.