"To meet our members needs for quality financial services and to provide those services in a professional, convenient and efficient manner while maintaining financial stability."
All the features you can expect from Horizons FCU.
Horizons Visa Credit Card
Horizons FCU offers a VISA Classic Credit Card at a low rate on both purchases and cash advances to members 18 years of age* and older.
Features of a VISA Classic Credit Card
- See loan rate page for current rates.
- 25 Grace Days on purchases.
- No annual or membership fees
- Low minimum monthly payments-just 3% of the unpaid balance or $15, whichever is greater.
- Free travel accident insurance-provided automatically
- Low cost life and disability insurance
- Cash advance capabilities at ATM's and other financial institutions displaying the VISA logo.
- Student VISA accounts available with guarantor and proof of student status.
- LOST OR STOLEN VISA CARD HOTLINE-Call us at (607) 724-5876 during business hours. On weekends, holidays or after credit union hours call 800-543-5073.
* Members under 21 applying for a VISA Credit Card must have a guarantor or cosigner.If applying without guarantor or cosigner you must be able to verify payment ability.
Horizons Debit/ATM Card
Debit Cards allow Horizons FCU members the convenience of paying for purchases by using a card instead of their checkbook. Debit cards can also be used at ATM machines, or wherever Visa is accepted. Funds are always deducted from the members checking account if the Debit Card is used for Debit transactions, or where Visa is accepted. When the Debit Card is used at ATM machines, members can pick from where the funds are deducted - checking or savings accounts. The member's signature is only required when the Debit Card is used where VISA is accepted.
The Debit Card can be used at ATM machines displaying any of the logos on the back of the card. When the Debit Card is used at ATM Machines, the rules and restrictions for ATM Cards apply, Members are allowed a limited number of withdrawals per day per account, with a limited number of dollar amounts per day per account. For security purposes, we do not disclose those amounts here. Please contact the credit union when you need this information. See Automated Teller Machine (ATM) Card section of this website for more details.
The Horizons Debit Card can also be used anywhere the Visa logo is displayed. Remember, the funds are deducted from the member's checking account and not reflected on their monthly Visa statement.
If you are unsure whether to use your VISA Debit Card as a Debit/ATM Card or credit card, remember this simple rule:
Need cash back? Select Debit/ATM Card. You will need to enter your PIN Number.
No cash Back: Select Credit Card. Only your signature is required.
8 Ways to reduce ATM fraud:
Memorize your Personal Identification Number (PIN). Never write it on your ATM card or card envelope.
Don't discuss your account balance with anyone. Never give information on your account or PIN over the phone.
Never allow anyone to use your card or PIN.
Don't withdraw money for an "official person". No credit union or bank representative, auditor, or law enforcement person will ever ask you to withdraw money from an ATM for any reason.
Keep your receipts and verify each transaction on your statement. If you have an unexplained transaction, contact your financial institution immediately.
Report lost or stolen cards or ATM crimes to your financial institution or police immediately.
Carefully read the Electronic Funds Transfer agreement and disclosure you receive from your financial institution. Know your liability for failing to notify your financial institution in a timely manner of a lost or stolen card.
Cancel your ATM transaction and return at a later time if you notice anything suspicious.